Monday, January 25, 2010

Skate Park round 2

Dan and Ben went back to Skate Park Creek last Saturday to take care of some unfinished business, cleaning up on the drop Dan and I had flipped on a week or two earlier.



Levels for Skate Park Creek.
Attempt 1
      -3000+ in Klickitat
      -500+ in Little Klickitat
Attempt 2
      ~2000 in Klickitat
      ~300 in Little Klickitat

Attempt two was the minimum I believe as the rafters carried their boat through the runnout below the Skate Park.  It was too low to float.  I don't know what a max would be, but the wood dodging could get interesting at too high of flows.  I would not be worried even with the Klick at 5000 though.

My current thoughts on flows are:
 -a minimum of 2000 in Klickatat at Pitt and 300 in Little Klickitat at Wahkiacus.-
  Of course you could get down the run in kayaks lower, but I think this is a good thing to look for.

  Check out Paul Thomson's website to see shots of the Duo running this drop, as well as a lot more of their recent adventures including Bridal veil and Spirit.   http://www.flickr.com/photos/paul_ts_pics/
  
  -Jacob

No comments: