Thursday, July 12, 2012

Completion

Last fall Emile Elliot, Anna Herring and myself began our hike out of a massive gorge in southern WA.  Last weekend, Emile, Liz and myself finished that hike.

The story can be read here.  The short of it is we abandoned our boats and spent 8 hours hiking through the woods before connecting with search and rescue.  On the third attempt to retrieve our boats we were successful.

Emile created this video highlighting the recovery, adding very fitting music.

I have to thank Liz for spotting the boats, without her I have no doubt Emile and I would have left empty handed.  As Emile said at one point, "our boats could be 300' to our left and we would never know" (they were).

   Enjoy our trials and tribulations.


Kayak recovery mission from Difficult E on Vimeo.


   -Jacob

No comments: