Thursday, September 20, 2012

2012 Mash-Up

I've been a little hobbled recently with a bum right knee. Before now, I'd never really thought about how much we use our legs in kayaking. Not only to we have to carry our heavy boats to, from, and around the river, but I personally use my legs (specifically my knees and hips) to help control my edges while paddling. I'm not entirely sure how I hurt my knee, but it coincided with the culmination of an intense city league kick ball game... laying it all out on the line for the team! Anyhow, it has been pretty painful trying to shove my right leg into my thigh braces and the injury has effectively KO'd me from paddling for the last few weeks. The good news is that I took this time to focus on some projects around the house and even found some time to throw together this short edit. The footage is mostly composed of things that I shot over the course of the spring and early summer. Most of the regulars make an appearance and the footy includes shots from McCoy Creek, Eagle Creek, Middle Feather, South Branch, among other glorious locales. FYI: This is my first attempt at editing footage, so try to appreciate the vid for the paddling, and not the cinematography. You won't find any overly dramatic time lapse in this beaut.



3 comments:

Chris Menges said...

Good stuff Nate. Makes me miss the PNW already...

Unknown said...

Nice video Nate. Makes me miss the PNW too...too dry and no terrain here in central NY. No clip of my shoulder dislocating run of the falls on McCoy? :)

Nate said...

Thanks guys. I do actually have a clip of the shoulder dislocation, i'll make sure to include the scene in my next vid.